the habitat partners
Through creative interaction the Habitat Congregation seeks to develop strong relationships with Community Partners.
People, groups and organisations connected with the church who share in our values and vision but are not members of the Congregation are welcomed as Habitat Partners.
Partners run their organisations, events, programs and activities from the buildings. The Church is enriched by relationships with partners as we develop opportunities to share in the mission and ministry of common projects. Our church buildings are more than venues for outside groups to rent they are community assets for all to share and enjoy.
If you are interested in becoming a Habitat Partner, download the Habitat Partnership Document (pdf) and make contact.
current habitat partners
- SWell Centre. SWell integrates spirituality and wellbeing. SWell practitioners provide you with soul-centred care in each of their specialty modalities. As a group of therapists and teachers in different techniques, SWell delights in coming together with you to awaken abundant life.
- Borderlands. Community development and research with a library of over 12,000 titles focused on social change.
- The Movement Centre. Creative movement and dance classes for children aged 2-5 years old. Phone 0433 259 135.
- Alternatives to Violence Project. Offers workshops that empower individuals to liberate themselves and others from the burden of violence. AVP has become a resource not only for experimental understanding the nature of violence and its realistic alternatives but also for discovering, or rediscovering, the spirit of hope and community which lies at the heart of a nonviolent way of life. Dealing with violence starts with each of us, in our homes, communities, nation and world.
- Fabled Communication. Provides community storytelling events and workshops.
- IDTIA- International Dance Therapy Institute of Australia. Dance-Movement Therapy offers expressive movement experiences that engage body, mind and emotion. Programs are designed to meet specific goals and bring about theraputic change.
habitat partner projects
Together with Partners, a wide variety of Partner Projects have been developed. These include programs, events and activities that nourish the soul, inspire and support your gifts and support your search for meaning and purpose.
current habitat partner projects
- OASES Graduate School
- Icon School (pdf)
- Creative Movement for Children
- Habitat Supervision Space - provides professional supervision for people in ministry of all denominations and caring professions
habitat uniting church links
Habitat offers hospitality to the following groups and organisations who meet or are based at one of our sites: